Unitarian Universalist Church of Brevard Guidelines for In Person Gatherings.
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Brevard will continue to be advised by both the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the UUA (Unitarian Universalist Association) regarding the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic. The recommendations below will apply to all in person meetings of any size and location. We advise leaders and attendees to follow best practices for their groups.
In Person Meeting Recommendations:
- We continue to recommend physical distancing (of six feet) for all in person participants.
- Masks are advised, particularly in situations where physical distancing is not possible.
- If any participants “feel sick” or exhibit any symptoms of sickness, they are advised not to attend in person events.
- Proper hygiene is advised to further stop the spreading of diseases. Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Cleaning of surfaces is encouraged as needed. Particularly in restrooms, and communal food areas. Sharing of items (including food) should be at the participants discretion. Please remove trash and clean up after events.
- Be mindful of consent and inclusion. We understand people will be at different levels of comfort for in person gatherings, and that should be respected by all participants. Consent is necessary for activities which involve touch or close proximity. Please be respectful of the needs of others, particularly those with compromising health concerns. Consider online or less contact alternatives when planning in person events.
Please note: All small group events are held “At Your Own Risk”. The Unitarian Universalist Church of Brevard is not responsible or liable for any illnesses or injuries that may occur.
We encourage you to send us a list of participants and contact information to email@example.com, or leave the list with a board member after the event (in case contact tracing is needed).
Find more information on the UUA Website’s Pandemic Safety & Strategies